Notes and Notices

On art, architecture and design

5/15/2015

Lucky me

Posted by Carren Jao Pineda |

There are days when I am hit with extraordinary gratitude at the life I am able to lead. Today is one of them. While battling the curse of the blinking cursor on a blank page, I realized, I have a wonderful life.

Purple sage. Captured while on a mini-hike on a Friday morning. by: Carren Jao
I'm currently working on stories that have taken me to Agoura Hills, where big cats roam and the air is soaked with the smell of salt from the sea, then eastward to El Sereno, on the border of Alhambra.

I was asked a few days ago by someone from the Los Angeles County Arts Commission, "What's your favorite part of Los Angeles?" The true answer is that it changes every day. Pockets of this region surface like magic and I find myself falling in love all over again. Lucky, lucky me, to be able to live and work in this city and all its hidden gems.


0 comments:

Get updates via RSS