Notes and Notices

On art, architecture and design

3/27/2015

CiclaValley

Posted by Carren Jao Pineda |

Well, I did it! My husband and I finished the 5.5 mile route from North Hollywood to Studio City in the first-ever Ciclavia in the Valley.

I had my doubts at first, but the cool, cloudy weather and the constant flow of people through a usually intimidating street was enough to keep me going.

Over and over, I kept hearing people say, "This is amazing." I think, just like me, they're seeing the street in a new light. No longer is it a blackhole for machines that separate us from one another, but it's become a gathering place for people to enjoy.

Here's to more Ciclavias everywhere. :)

Walking with fellow pedestrians, Los Angeles Walks

I hardly ever pass through this Noho gate. 

Bumping into some familiar faces. Dan Koeppel of Big Parade LA!

Ventura Boulevard transformed!

0 comments:

Get updates via RSS