Notes and Notices

On art, architecture and design

2/06/2014

Green tea everything, please

Posted by Carren Jao Pineda |

Japan is known for many things (ramen, sushi, tofu), but the flavor I found myself obsessing about was green tea. They put in everything and it always tastes so good. Alternatively, you could have actual green tea and, like fancy coffee shops around the world, they offer varieties.

There are a ton of green tea types around the world, so when I tried to buy my mom some, I got to taste a few. My husband says he couldn't' taste the difference, but I could faintly. I could tell one was more caffeinated than another. I can't tell you what it was called though. I think green tea merits another research trip to Japan, don't you?

A mix of green tea and roasted tea ice cream. Photo by: Carren Jao. 
I think the Warabe Mochi had green tea in it too. Photo by: Carren Jao. 
My favorite Pocky find: green tea with an extra fat chocolate circumference. Photo by: Carren Jao.
Green tea bits on a chocolate crust. It sounds good, but I like the Pocky Midi better. Photo by: Carren Jao.
I thought it was green tea mochi with red bean paste. I think it was a rice flour with tea leaves instead. Photo by: Carren Jao. 
Beard Papa's green tea filled cream puff. Photo by: Carlos Pineda. 

0 comments:

Get updates via RSS