Notes and Notices

On art, architecture and design

2/27/2012

Chili craving

Posted by Carren Jao Pineda |

My husband loves chili and now, I do too. Meats simmering in sauce for hours just screams yum to me, so whenever we're out to watch a show at the Largo at the Coronet on La Cienega, we're off to get out our fix at Chili Addiction.


Loving the embellished detailing on the top half of the window!
Chili Addiction is a small space, which fills up pretty quickly. Inside, the decor's all red (perhaps a reminder of how spicy you can get the chili) with a dash of retro. Everything on the menu sounds like it's homemade--from the sausages to even the ice cream. They even have a vegan and gluten-free options, a rarity in the meaty world of comfort food.

There are all sorts of chilis to try, but I'd recommend just ordering one type of chili each time you go, then adding other dishes to complement the flavor. My taste buds get bored pretty easily, so this is my surefire way to get the most enjoyment out of my dish.

Chili in question, with some spice requested. 
WeHo burger has cheddar cheese, carmelized onions, bacon and bacon aioli.
For dessert, don't forget to try their homemade caramel sea salt ice cream. It's blended perfectly, rich but not overpowering. After a good, low-key dinner, I'm always ready for a good show across the street.

Chili Addiction
408 N La Cienega Blvd
Los Angeles, CA

0 comments:

Get updates via RSS