Notes and Notices

On art, architecture and design

1/03/2012

New Year resolutions!

Posted by Carren Jao Pineda |

Happy 2012, everyone!

Some of you might have missed me for about a month, but that's because I was halfway around the world getting married (and sneaking in a much needed vacation too!) It's been about two years since I've been back to the Philippines and a lot of things had changed since I was gone.

Needless to say, I got caught in the whirlwind of wedding planning, holiday merrymaking and family bonding. But now, I'm back!

That break gave me enough time to look back and I realized, I want to do more with Uncover LA. It's been a great place to share what's going on around Los Angeles, but I wanted to see more stories of people I wanted to get to know too, so inspired by Alissa Walker and team's Street Journalism movement, you're going to see more thoughtful writing, more in-person interviews and more photos from me.

Hello, 2012! See you all back here!

A parol (or paper lanters from the Philippines) are my favorite symbol for the Yuletide season. Its humble material (paper, twine and wood) constantly reminds me that the holidays doesn't have to be filled with the latest in gadgets, it just has to be filled with love. Photo by: Carren Jao.

0 comments:

Get updates via RSS