Notes and Notices

On art, architecture and design

10/12/2011

An LA Kind of Night

Posted by Carren Jao Pineda |

It was 6 p.m. and time to get home. As I strode out of the building, a policeman in black approached me and said, "Ma'am, you can't be here. I need you to get back inside the building." It's late and I couldn't go home, but instead of moping as I usually tend to do, I made proverbial lemonade out of lemons.

I was lucky enough to be at one of the best places to be stuck in during a bomb threat, a live work building that had one of the best rooftops I can imagine. The rooftop had cushy seats for lounging and a gorgeous view of downtown Los Angeles.

I watched the sun set from this....



....to this.


Alongside friends and a glass of rose, I was all set. Los Angeles sunsets are a sight to see. A newly introduced friend put it down to the smog, which gives it its unusually bright coloring. I'd rather think it's because we're in Los Angeles and that's the color of everyone's best daydream of living in this city.

Oh, if you're wondering, the bomb threat was a dud. Thankfully. It just left me with this awesome story to tell. Here a few more of my attempts to catch the beauty of LA skies.

0 comments:

Get updates via RSS