Notes and Notices

On art, architecture and design

4/21/2011

P.S. Got lucky!

Posted by Carren Jao Pineda |

A great inspiration of mine once gave me some important advice, "Be present." Sometimes, what you need to get lucky is simply to be there.

Last week, I was there. On the receiving end of a free book I've been eyeing for the longest time.
>

The book was given care of Alissa (aka Gelatobaby), who had an extra copy conveniently in her mounds of things. I also took the opportunity to institute a new personal policy of mine "to have any book that comes into my possession signed by the writers associated with them." While Alissa may not be the author, she was instrumental to getting the book in my hands.

Her lovely note still brings a smile to my face and a burst of fire in my heart.


2 comments:

Get updates via RSS