Notes and Notices

On art, architecture and design

2/23/2011

Free this Thurs: GOOD Energy Issue Party

Posted by Carren Jao Pineda |


Life is crazy busy right now, but as I turn another year older, I have (yet again) realized that life is something I do not want to waste.


As part of my birthday/new year resolution, I've decided to get out more. I'm kicking off my personal birthday celebration a little early by attending the first-ever global GOOD Energy Issue Party.

Since I'm now back in sunny LA, I'll be at the Powerhouse bar with other fellow Angelenos. I'm guessing it'll be a casual affair, but I'm personally looking forward to going through the Energy 101 lessons. I think I might need a refresher to make sure I'm not wasting precious electricity at my new apartment.

From GOOD Meetup site:
At the Meetup, check out our Energy 101 lessons (remember what you learned and forgot since high school!), go through the GOOD Guide to Saving Energy, and discuss ideas for how you can save energy and money at home. If you're really motivated, you can follow Environment Editor Ben Jervey's lead and build a battery out of some pennies, nickels, and lemon juice!
See you Thursday!

GOOD Energy Issue Party
For LA: Powerhouse Bar
1714 North Highland Avenue Los Angeles, CA
sign up on Meetup/ more details

0 comments:

Get updates via RSS