Notes and Notices

On art, architecture and design

12/10/2010

Stop and Look Around

Posted by Carren Jao Pineda |

In an interview I had a few months ago with designer Lisa Perry, she said that in comparison to New Yorkers, Californians were unafraid of color. Today, I saw for myself what she meant.

After re-arranging my schedule, I finally hauled myself away from the front of my laptop and joined a great group of city explorers at FarmLab for Metabolic Studios and LA Creek Freak's Twain Trolley Tours.

I found myself surrounded by color everywhere--a lot more than what I find inside an apartment begging for natural light, I tell you. Here are my favorite cases in point:

Colorful socks are everyone's secret pick-me-upper




FarmLab's verdant converted car/gardens

Blue skies (a nice break for the chilly weather we've been having lately)

And of course, our unforgettable trolley!

More than learning about LA's bridges (which I will talk about in a future post), today was also a reminder to look for the bright spots in life, whether it's someone's socks or someone's disposition.

Happy weekend!

0 comments:

Get updates via RSS