Notes and Notices

On art, architecture and design

12/07/2010

Free this Fri: Tour of LA bridges

Posted by Carren Jao Pineda |


I just got good news in my inbox today; I got a seat at the Twain Trolley tours of Downtown LA bridges! When people hear architecture, they instantly picture houses and buildings, but bridges are usually second thoughts. This tour stops by dozens of City Beautiful bridges built between 1906 and 1932, many of which are targeted for demolition. I can't wait to see yet another side of the LA I've come to know.


This Friday's special speaking guests are Matt Coolidge of the Center for Land Use Interpretation and James Rojas of Latino Urban Forum. RSVP at lacreekfreak@gmail.com and get your seat reserved too.

December 10, Friday
1- 3:15 pm
Admission: Free

The Metabolic Studio
1745 North Spring Street, Unit 6, L.A.

0 comments:

Get updates via RSS