Notes and Notices

On art, architecture and design

11/10/2010

Quick Fix: Peanut Butter Choco Egg-less Pancakes

Posted by Carren Jao Pineda |

I love pancakes. Making them was my way of celebrating the weekend, but the whole salmonella outbreak a couple of months ago has me jittery. The more recent outbreak didn't help much either, so my fiance and I decided to look up egg-less options for making my weekend celebratory breakfast.

Tweaking a purely vegan recipe and adding our favorite things to address the taste factor, we came up with this recipe:

1 cup flour (whichever kind you prefer)
1 tablespoon white sugar
2 tablespoons baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup regular whole milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon butter, melted
2 heaping spoons of peanut butter (as much as you want really)
1 Ghirardelli dark chocolate square (You could probably use any chocolate. That's just the one that was handy for us.)
Maple syrup

Instructions:
  1. Mix all ingredients except for peanut butter and chocolate in a bowl until smooth.
  2. Add peanut butter and swirl it. There's no need to smoothen the mixture. The chunkier the better, I say.
  3. Crumble the chocolate and add to the mixture.
  4. Pour the mixture bit by bit as you would a regular pancake mix.
  5. Finish off your cooked pancakes with maple syrup on top. I'd recommend having milk or water handy. The peanut butter makes for a hefty pancake experience. :)
  6. Enjoy!

Photo credit: Carren Jao

0 comments:

Get updates via RSS