Notes and Notices

On art, architecture and design

10/21/2010

Prepare for an earthquake, California

Posted by Carren Jao Pineda |


This isn't my usual kind of post, but since California is home to many sudden earthquakes. I'm including this as a healthy reminder for all of us Angelenos.


Today at 10:21 a.m., an estimated 7.7 millions Californians will brace themselves for The Big One (a fictional one, thank goodness) by participating in the Great California ShakeOut. The organization, which has been doing this for the past three years has one simple message, "Drop. Cover. Hold On."

Log on to the site, for some practical reminders on how to conduct yourself in the event of an earthquake. The most eye-opening one for me was found under "Drop."

It says, "in an event of an earthquake, drop where you are." Then, it follows up with the question, "But how do I drop if I'm on a bed?"

The answer? Check here. Don't say, I didn't tell you.

Illustration credit: Drop, Cover, Hold On

0 comments:

Get updates via RSS