Notes and Notices

On art, architecture and design

9/28/2010

Quick Fix: Guacamole

Posted by Carren Jao Pineda |

What do you do when you get avocados? You make guacamole.

I have to confess, I wasn't a fan until I made one myself. The ones in the store or restaurant usually don't taste fresh anymore, as if they were sitting out for some time. (They probably were). I like my guacamole, a little coarse and chunky!

Ingredients:
Avocados
Onion
Tomatoes
Cilantro
Lime juice
Salt and pepper
Chili (optional)

Preparation
  • Cut avocados in half and scoop out the meat.

Doesn't the avocado looks so cute cut in half?
  • In a bowl, mash the avocado meat.
  • Chop onion, tomatoes and cilantro
  • Add in with the mashed avocado
  • Add in lime juice (We actually used fresh lime for this. Yum.)
  • Add in chili to taste
  • Sprinkle salt and pepper
  • Top off with your favorite Mexican wrap!
The yummy finished product!

This would be a good dish for a hot day like today!

Photo credit: Carren Jao

4 comments:

Get updates via RSS